Sunrise Charitable Society
Sunrise Charitable society is run by the team of dynamic young and energetic personalities. The members are
- Mr.John Peter (President)
- Mr.Sunil Kumar (Vice President)
- Mr.David Chandran (Procurator)
- Mr.Jose Amaladoss (Secretary and Director of Sunrise Village)
- Mr.John Xavier
The objective of Sunrise Charitable society is to uplift the life of orphaned, abandoned and neglected children through holistic education and family spirit.
Sunrise Children's Village
Sunrise village is a child development centre . It is located in Tirunelveli. IT is unique in its own structure and pedagogical principles. The children grown up here are given individual attention and guidance to excel in their life. The children are brought up in a family structure. This village has got 8 house. Each house is well maintained by a Mother who offers unconditional love and care for the children entrusted in her care. Every house will have 8-10 children with all the facilities. They have access to library, play ground, prayer hall. Totally it is a holistic approach to form a child to be Free, Firm personalities.
Key Features Of Sunrise Village
- Sunrise provides happy childhood and a good quality of life for the children in the village.
- Sunrise has created successful family based model of educating the children.
- Sunrise creates positive and interactive learning environment, in and out of the orphanage, which is stimulating and encouraging the children's pride in their work and independent study.
- Sunrise offers and provides practical support for the orphan children and helps them to position themselves confidently within the learning process and to create a tangible dynamic atmosphere, which embraces learning and development, in a multi-dimensional way.
- Sunrise has created a healthy external space for the children. Especially the older children, for whom we look to provide healthy role-models and whom we should support in their preparations for independent life - intellectually, practically and emotionally.
- Sunrise has succeeded in bringing joy, happiness and smile in the life of every child
Education for all
All our children are provided with good education. They study in the schools nearby. They go to the city for higher education. Till now five girls have completed higher secondary education.
Health care & medical check up
Under the guidance of the doctors and nutritionists, our children are physically taken care well. We provide them very healthy food. Every day they get egg and once in a week meat. Milk is provided twice a day. Once in three months a medical checkup is done. Every year we also send our children for ENT and dental check up.
Tutorial classes for all
Every day in the evening all the children come together for special study. Three graduates are appointed for helping them study better and excel in various subjects.
Family celebrations at every house
The birthday of every child in the family is celebrated in a grand manner. The child gets new dress and sweets. The mother prepares a cake and invites all the mothers and children for a special prayer.
Skills training for all
Besides the regular school programs, we also take care that our children grow in other areas. Therefore we have sports, games, dance, music, craftwork, painting & drawing etc. Skills training programs are conducted by professionals in order to nurture children's hidden talents and develop their creative skills. Providing proper recreational activities for our children is as important as any other activity. It contributes substantially to their physical, emotional and psychological development. We provide various indoor and outdoor recreational equipments to all the children. It helps in their all round development and provide opportunity to interact with each other and enjoy their free time.
A female social worker is appointed as counselor cum trainer in order to assist the children. She motivates and guides them in their difficulties.
We encourage them to expose their multiple and hidden talents through a cultural evening, where they have the possibility to perform their talents.
Life skills education and career counseling have been conducted to motivate the children on a regular basis.
Our mothers are trained regularly in various aspects. Professional trainers and counseling psychologists are engaged in the mothers training program, where the mothers share and evaluate the service that they render. They also have the possibility to go to professional counselors in their need.
Learning through experiences and educational tours
Once in a year we arrange a tour for our children. It is a time of being together as a family and relaxation. We expose them the outer world by taking them out to various picnic spots, religious centers, academic and cultural.